The Career Development Team is working to make resources available to our current students and alumni. If you are an architecture firm or an organization with a relevant career opportunity, please complete a Career Post online by submitting information here.
You are also welcome to email the information about your position to Rona Walstra (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior Administrative Assistant for Career Development, or to Perihan MacDonald (email@example.com) and Ethan Chiang (firstname.lastname@example.org), Student Career Assistants.
If you are looking for a list of available Fellowships, Scholarships, Additional Internships, Licensing and Career Development information, or Professional and Academic Communities, please view these resources here.
The following job listings have been made available to the Yale School of Architecture community:
Keene, New Hampshire
kcs ARCHITECTS is now in its seventh year as a creative and award-winning woman-owned firm located in Southwestern NH. The firm’s capabilities are wide-ranging, servicing the needs of municipal, commercial, industrial, educational, retail and residential clientele. Our sound position in the market has led to increased demand for our services and we are ready to grow again.
Our firm is seeking an experienced Project Manager. Candidates that apply ought to have more than 8 years of experience, preferably licensed or on track to obtain a license. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience working on a variety of client project types and demonstrated ability to engage with clients and partners effectively and manage a project through all phases of design through construction documents and administration.
The ideal candidate would be a talented, experienced and motivated self-starter, who can grow with our team.
-Design Renderings & Production of Working Drawings for a variety of project types
-Coordination with Consulting Engineers
-Coordination with Builders during Construction, providing clarifications as needed
-Project Management of residential and small commercial projects.
-Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Architecture from an accredited institution
-8+ years of experience in an architectural office
-4+ years of project management experience
-Revit proficiency required
-Advanced capabilities desired in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, Adobe environments
-Willingness to participate in a variety of functions of a small architectural office
-Desire to continue to build the firm, collaborate, demonstrate and share knowledge with advancing colleagues
-Organizational and communication skills to manage multiple projects
-Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
-Experience and desire to lead a wide variety of project types
Please submit resume, portfolio of design work, samples of work produced in other offices, and references to Katie Sutherland at email@example.com
For more than 30 years we’ve persistently honed our craft. A historic understanding of architecture fuels and informs our exceptionally high standards – allowing us to discover and define the details that lead to timeless, remarkable design.
Catalano Architects is seeking a Studio Designer with 5 years of single-family residential design experience, preferably in all phases of project design and construction. The desired candidate will be an independent thinker with an outstanding aptitude for design, strong verbal and visual communication skills, attention to detail and quality control, and a positive and collaborative attitude.
We’re looking for an assertive designer that enjoys problem solving, takes initiative, and brings new ideas to a dynamic work environment. If you are innovative, a motivating team builder and thrive in a fast paced, results-driven environment – we’d love to hear from you.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
• Minimum of 5 years of residential design experience
• Licensure, and registration in Massachusetts preferred
• CAD, Photoshop, and Sketchup experience required
• Experience with 2D rendering and 3D modeling in various design platforms
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks, collaborate on project teams, and work well under deadlines
• Flexibility to travel in New England
• ArchiCAD experience a plus
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite
If you have a passion for exceptional design, managing multiple priorities, and thinking “big picture”, please send a letter of interest, your resume and a portfolio of relevant work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit www.catalanoarchitects.com for more information.
Ryan Salvatore Design
Project Manager/Project Architect
Ryan Salvatore Design has an opening for an experienced and enthusiastic new team member. We are a growing practice with offices in Darien and SoHo.
The ideal candidate has 3+ years of work experience; proficiency with residential detailing and construction; and fluency in AutoCAD. Revit experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
Responsibilities include working with our design principals to manage and document projects from inception to completion. We ask that all applicants are eligible to work in the United States.
Please submit resumes (and work samples if available) to Mary Burr: email@example.com
Project Designer I
LO Design is a boutique architecture and interiors firm doing a range of projects at varying scales including residential, commercial, and real estate development. We work with design-oriented clients who are looking to make a statement with their projects, whether a high-end single family home or a unique commercial space. We have a range of clients but also regularly design, develop, and build our own projects which gives us a high degree of control over the conceptual design and the process.
We are looking for M. Arch graduates with zero to three years of experience to join our small but mighty team. We are hoping to find a dedicated aspiring architect who wants to learn a lot about the nitty gritty of building construction by working on multiple projects, spending a lot of time in the field, and seeing them through to completion. Our team is often out in the field on site visits or visiting new projects. We need a team member who is able to multi-task and change direction easily, thinking at various scales of design, producing working and presentation renderings and construction drawings. Candidates should be eager to learn about all facets of the industry, and able to work on multiple projects at once in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. With the support of more experienced partners, employees will be deeply embedded in and responsible for the day to day management of projects including the production of design documentation, permit drawings, construction sets, and presentations for client-facing and public meetings.
-Day to day management of projects and clients
-Production of design documentation, specifications, and permit drawings
-Production of presentation materials for internal and public meetings
-Site visits and construction administration, production of field reports
-Occasional surveying of existing buildings
-Maintaining working lists for each project and following up with open items
-Material and product research
-Knowledge of construction drawings and building assemblies
-Working knowledge of building codes and permitting/approvals processes
-Skilled in Revit 2020/2021
-Skilled in SketchUp
-Adobe Suite, especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Please send cover letter and a short portfolio, both in PDF format, not exceeding 5 MB to Lea Litvin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Architectural ADU Designer (Freelance)
Cottage is solving housing affordability via an end-to-end platform for designing, permitting, and building Accessory Dwelling Units (“ADUs”).
Our team is seeking experienced freelance Architects & Architectural Designers to join the Cottage Studio Team. We’re an early stage startup and looking for someone who’s excited to roll up their sleeves, roll with the punches, and offer a best-in-category homeowner experience. This position is a great opportunity for a steady pipeline of design work largely at your own schedule, with access to supercharge architectural business-as-usual via Cottage’s ADU-specific resources and tech systems.
The Cottage Design Studio is at the heart of our homeowner services. We do all of the heavy-lifting for you (finding the client, providing the software, and communicating with cities/consultants), and you get to focus your efforts on providing the homeowner with a design that matches their needs. This opportunity is a fast-tracked crash course to seeing a residential architecture project from beginning to end!
- Collaborative work style; you work well with a cross-functional team and are able to operate with many ideas, variables, and inputs
- An excitement to experiment, try new things, and be creative
- Determination, resiliency, optimism - working at an early stage startup is fun and rewarding but certainly comes with its challenges!
- Operates with an owner’s mindset, brings structure and excellence to ambiguous, high-intensity situations, is driven, ambitious, and intellectually curious
- Comfort with a fast-paced, rapidly changing and ambiguous (but fun!) work environment
- Represent Cottage as the sole designer on each project from schematic design to permitting. You own and present your designs!
- Use Cottage-provided software (Revit + other tech platforms) to create your ADU designs for home owners
- Work with Cottage Design, Growth & Operations teams to execute ADU projects at scale by using our in-house technology to supercharge your work.
Architecture & Technical
- 4+ years professional experience in architecture - managing your own clients or working on very small teams with direct client engagement
- Proficient in Revit; able to learn new PM/comms software and platforms quickly (we’ll give you the software licenses you’ll need)
- Residential design and/or growth-stage tech environment experience are pluses
- Ability for contract work within the US; intent for long-term contract engagement
-Hrs/week are variable; ability to comfortably manage 15-20 hrs/week is recommended
Quality, Ownership & Communication
- Proven record of project ownership, proactive organization, communication, and self-management
- Proven record of delivering high quality work at a high bandwidth
- Superb graphic, written, and oral communication skills with clients and the internal team
- A passion for real estate, ADUs, and new solutions to impacting housing markets
Please submit applications to Pyline Tangsuvanich at https://airtable.com/shrEWecjHa3watpC3
New York, NY
Studio MM is a downtown Manhattan + Hudson Valley based architecture firm that specializes in client-focused contemporary RESIDENTIAL design. We pride ourselves on working in a collaborative and team-oriented environment, both with our clients and within our office.
Most of our current projects are custom high-end homes outside of NYC. We offer the exciting opportunity to create dream homes/weekend residences in the Hudson Valley and Catskills areas of “Upstate” NY for primarily NYC-based clients.
We are a small group of creatives that enjoys collaborating in a fun and energetic studio environment and are looking for someone who is genuinely excited to join our studio. We value hard work and commitment and are seeking highly motivated architectural staff members at a range of experience levels to join our team, including:
- Junior Architect with 1+ years of experience in residential architecture. This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable design, construction, client-related experience and direct exposure to all aspects of residential projects. There will be an opportunity to transition into the role of project management if the candidate meets the necessary requirements of skills and initiative.
We offer competitive compensation, health benefits and a 401K package.
Cover letter, resume and portfolio in PDF format of maximum 6MB should be submitted by email to email@example.com. Be sure to indicate your specific involvement in each project in your portfolio.
New York, NY (Remote)
Architizer, home to the world’s largest online community of architects, is on the hunt for a talented architectural writer and curator to join our content team. The Editorial Assistant will help Architizer’s editorial team celebrate the world’s best architecture, producing creative content that inspires and informs design professionals around the globe.
The ideal candidate is a savvy wordsmith who is self-driven, adaptable, and highly knowledgeable about architecture and design. Previous experience writing for online architectural publications is desirable, but talented new graduates with an ability to learn and grow are also welcome!
- Oversee Architizer’s Project of the Day features and other Featured Projects.
- Assist in the promotion of projects and editorial content across Architizer’s social media platforms and via email newsletters.
- Write regularly on the latest architecture projects, under the guidance of the Architecture Editor.
- Field inquiries and press releases from external agencies and architecture firms.
- Build relationships with VIP architecture firms to encourage their engagement with the Architizer platform.
- Work with the Content Director and the Architecture Editor to deliver architectural content and initiatives that inspire our community, as well as helping to grow our audience and web traffic over time.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture, Urban Design, Journalism, or Digital Media
- 2-3 years experience with digital publishing is desirable, but talented new graduates with the ability to learn and grow are welcome!
- A nuanced understanding of digital media
- A background in architecture or design media is desirable
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “Editorial Assistant Application: [YOUR NAME]”:
- An up-to-date resume (attached as a pdf).
- Cover letter (attached as a pdf). In the cover letter, tell us why you are the right person for this job. Please share relevant experience, insight, and motivation.
- Links to relevant content or writing you’ve created for yourself or other publications.
New Haven, CT
I am looking for someone to design a transitional bathroom for my home. A mix of vintage and contemporary so it is not too dated. It is a small bathroom and I like clean, minimalist lines. I would need drawing (s) for the contractor, and possibly help choosing accessories and materials.
You can add this design to your portfolio.
Someone with a design and architectural background, fresh ideas, quick and responsive.
Design the bathroom, provide scaled drawings for the contractor, assist with choosing accessories and materials.
-Architecture degree (preferred)
To apply, please email Uloma.email@example.com
Fletcher Cameron Design
New Haven, CT
To assist the Principal with design; project management; manufacturing; and other related jobs necessary to bring a project from concept through fabrication and installation.
Seeking someone who is interested, fun, energetic and is passionate about good design.
Work with Principal to determine initial goals and requirements for kitchen/space to be designed.
Work with Principal to identify architectural conditions and define schedule.
Create detailed schematics (CAD) plans and elevations
Visit job sites to gather data, and conduct field measurements needed to complete designs
Assist in overseeing timelines and schedules; manufacturing and installation of casework—as needed.
Maintain current knowledge of trends, materials, etc.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Willing to travel regionally if needed.
Detail oriented, personable, with excellent Communication skills
Problem solving and organizational skills
CAD Software ability - required
3D Modeling—not required but a plus (Sketchup/Revit)
MS Office or similar - required
Adobe Suite /Photoshop or similar -required
Basic understanding of the Home Industry/Kitchen Design/Manufacturing
Social Media expertise a plus
To apply, please send a resume to Christine Ingraham, firstname.lastname@example.org